Please be ready for your appointment by having the following information to hand.
1. Your GP record - This can be requested from your GP and contains your medical history. It is a valuable piece of information and probably something you should have to hand at home anyway. If it's not available it is very difficult to have a safe and accurate discussion.
2. Your repeat prescription
3. Any measurements you may have had recently taken i.e.
Blood Pressure readings,
Blood sugars or HbA1c (a 3 monthly average of your sugars)
Peak Flow readings (breathing tests)
4. A computer or webcam that has an integral computer.
5. A quiet space that will be free from interruptions.
6. A piece of ID to ensure the communication is happening between the correct people.
7. Any questions you may have - possibly write them down so you don't forget.
8. A telephone to hand for the rare occasion we may become disconnected.
What you can expect from me:
1. A welcome introduction leading to a professional consultation (Connecting and listening)
2. Privacy - no interruptions.
3. A comprehensive follow-on letter for other healthcare professionals pre-surgery.
4. Effective management of our Consultation time.
5. My full attention - there maybe 2 screens running which I may need to refer to from time to time to make electronic medical notes or to check information.